Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Foster Girl Petunia




So this is Petunia. She came from Stein gardens and gifts. The name is fitting :)
She came to me pretty scared but not feral. She has a "stress purr" which I looked up to see what it was (the vet said she had it) and it's how they try to soothe themselves. It's not always a "happy" thing when they purr. She is getting braver though. She's been here for 6 days and she comes out and plays now. She will let me
hold her and pet her. She LOVES the feather wand I have. She plays with that the most. She got to have her first sampling of Temptations treats last night. She smelled them and tried them with her tongue... unsure as to what they were at first. THEN.. She gobbled them up! She is curious about the 'under the door' kitty (Bella and Bing) but she needs to have a few things done to her before she can meet them (namely her last dose of de-worming stuff). She's a champ! And what a sweetie!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet. Was she a stray running around Steins? I didn't know that about the cats purr. I had cats for quite a while and never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that about cats purrs either. And she got inside of their greenhouse and they trapped her and called us. we are kind of partnering with them. They have a small colony of cats living behind the greenhouse, so when they find one or catch one, we get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure you aren't grabbing the mama's and leaving the babies behind. CC has that kind of purr she does it for loud noises. Her vet told me about it too. She goes under the covers then and stays there quite a long time. I don't know how you can take in cats, it just makes me feel like crying thinking about how she must miss her family...you big meany...no, just joking, but it does make me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about that too. I also think about how she is safe and warm and won't ever have to worry about living outside in the cold or having lots of litters of kittens. She will be loved and well taken care of for the rest of her life. I think that outweighs the other thing. and we would never take a momma without taking her babies too. it's very easy to tell if they have babies and they would not be left.

    ReplyDelete